Pages

Refreshing Italian Green Bean Salad

Refreshing Italian Green Bean Salad

A while back, I was in New York visitng with my editor for my cookbooks. John took me to a delightful Italian restaurant where I enjoyed a dish simular to this. Of course, as I never travel without paper and pen, I quickly jotted down my ideas to make it in The Healthy Exchanges Way when I returned back home.
Serves 4 (3/4 cup)

1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing
1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping
3 cups frozen cut green beans, cooked, drained, and cooled
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup ( 1 1/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella cheese

In a large bowl, combine Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese. Stir in green beans, tomato, and onion. Add mozzarella cheese. Mix gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Gently stir again just before serving.

Each serving equals:
HE: 2 1/4 Vegetable, 3/4 Protein, 16 Optional Calories
**********************************************************
111 Calories, 3gm Fat, 6gm Protein, 15gm Carbohydrate,
489mg Sodium, 148mg Calcium, 3gm Fiber
**********************************************************
DIABETIC: 2 Vegetable, 1/2 Protein

"Healthy Exchanges Food Newsletter, October 2001, pg. 6."

No comments:

Post a Comment