Pages

Cozy Autumn Mac and Cheese

Cozy Autumn Mac and Cheese 


I got this idea from a internet newsletter. However the one in the newsletter just didn't appeal to me. I knew that JoAnna had a really good Mac Salad that started like Mac and Cheese. So here is my frankenrecipe were I pieced together Jo's awesome Mac Salad, and what I thought would make a really neat autumn comfort style Mac and Cheese dish. And if you use the Smart Taste or other whole grain pasta you will also increase your fiber by quite a bit.

Serves 6 full half cups

1/4 cup fat-free milk
3/4 cup (4 ounces) Velveeta Light Processed Cheese
1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups cooked Smart Taste elbow macaroni, rinsed and drained

In a large skillet, combine milk and Velveeta cheese. Add macaroni, pumpkin, and nutmeg. Mix well to combine. Cook over medium-low heat until cheese melts, stirring often. Remove from heat. Place skillet on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.

CALORIES: 98
DIABETIC: 1 Protein, 1 Starch

No comments:

Post a Comment